Don't Cancel That Class: Workshops and Resources
Don’t Cancel That Class is a resource that provides faculty members with alternative sessions and workshops for students when instructors are unable to attend regularly scheduled classes.
These sessions are designed to enhance the personal and academic growth of our students, and can often link to course material. Current topics covered include:
- Career and employment-related topics
- Deconstructing Plagiarism
- Developing intercultural competence
- Education abroad programs
- Sexual health, alcohol awareness, stress
- How to dialogue with your Professor
- How to make a complaint at the University
- Surviving on a Student Budget
- Understanding and dealing with sexual assault
- QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) training
- Helping Skills
We anticipate adding more topics as the program grows. Please note that instructors are asked to provide two weeks’ notice for presentation requests.
We welcome this new initiative and see this as an effective tool in connecting learning outcomes with the quality of our students’ experiences at the University. We appreciate the work of our colleagues at the University of Windsor and thank them for sharing this programming idea with us.
Please e-mail email@example.com with any topic suggestions.